So at the beginning of the year, i made a list of 20 things that I wanted to do before the year was out. we are about halfway through the year, so as suggested i am going to take a little look-sy at the list and adjust where necessary. So here was the 20, and i’ll flag it if it’s happened.
- Go on a picnic
- Go camping
- Have a Harry Potter Marathon
- Host a random themed party
- Find a pair of jeans that really fits well and that i like- well i didn’t really find jeans but i like the pants i have. for the most part. as much as a cynical girl can.
- Find a band that no one has heard of that i really like
- Make many decisions quickly and surely
- Have a bonfire on the beach during summer
- Explore a place i haven’t been
- Get pleasantly surprised– birthday party was huge, but other instances have been pleasantly surprising as well.
- Drive and drive without planning where to go- i sometimes do this when i am bored or upset.
- Go to seattle
- Get to where i can do scissor kicks head level
- Finish seasons 2 and 3 of Lost- i love that show. so much. and i even finished the 4th season! i am a lost junkie.
- Find occasions to dress up nice- i guess rather than find occasions to dress up, i’ve sorta took on the philosophy that one does not need an occasion to dress up, at least a little…
- Read my Bible more
- Journal at least every few days
- Start doing kicks and punches again
- Find more ways to control my dreams- i’ve begun to realize that what i do before bed affects my dreams… if i eat i have weird dreams. if i talk to someone right before, or think about something a lot, i usually end up dreaming about them/it. if i am too hyped up i usually have very bright-toned dreams. so… i could sorta control it if i wanted a weird bright dream with people and ideas that i am obsessing over in it.
- Learn to cook more things- i made up some pretty intense cookies this year…
i guess it’s probably pretty sad that i’ve only done 7 of the 20, but i have done other stuff as well. Here are 10 things i have done that weren’t on the list but should have been:
- see kung fu panda 4 times
- explore portland
- night board
- get better at using both sides of my board to carve
- spent countless hours on the computer when it was probably the least efficiant use of my time.
- survive spring term of college
- went to the beach- no bonfire as intended in my last post, but was very fun. maybe a bonfire next time.
- go to numerous midnight premiers for movies
- get a good job for the summer.
- find lots of music that even though other people have heard it, it is very good stuff. though it comes and goes with how much music i listen to.
So i’ve done some stuff. and i am going to apply myself to make some of the other things happen. at least 2 of the top ideas on my list that have not been completed:
- picnic. This has got to happen. i don’t know how or when but i would very much like to go on one. i think it would be fun. though it is probably one of my like daydreamy type delusions that wouldn’t turn out as i would have expected because that is what happens when you have expectations i am finding.
- kicks and punches. i can’t even tell you how much i need to start that again. wow. yea.
And lastly, three things that weren’t on my list but i want to do:
- make it to hasty-freeze in albany.
- put office supplies in jello
- do other… various… random and exciting things…