Well, I would say that I’ve had a fairly productive weekend. I accomplished a lot, and did a lot of completely random things, each and every one deserving of it’s own specific rant, but I am too lazy to do that, of course, so I will try to keep it all in here, just short and to the point. To put it in a nice, organized list, I….
- Thursday, 9:00-10:45 am: Took Senior Pictures. I have to admit that it was kinda fun. And I now I have to choose which ones I want, and it is really hard, cuz I actually like a lot of them. Which surprised me. Pictures are always weird though. There is a weirdness factor to sifting through pictures of yourself, that makes you feel like the person in the picture isn’t actually really you, and it’s kinda freaky. And then I feel so weird giving them to people. It’s like, “Hey, here is a picture of me. I know you would love to have it, since it is of someone as cool as myself, and let’s face it, everyone wants a picture of me.” And while that is true, it feels somewhat awkward to hand out pictures of myself. But on the other hand, if they look good, you know that deep down you do want people to have them because you look so darn cool, and you want them to think so to. I don’t know.
- Thursday, 12:00 pm-*cough* 3:00 pm *cough*: Played Halo 2… Cody loaned it to me since I
finallyrecently beat Halo 1, and I have been greatly enjoying battling Covenant Forces and all that Jazz. Beat a couple levels Thursday, feel like I’m getting better… there is something so stress relieving about going and annihilating elite’s and hunter’s and grunt’s. I don’t know why, but it is so thrilling to combat the Forces of Evil. Makes me feel important.
- Thursday, 6:00-10:00 pm: Went to youth group, and got over some stuff I’d been freaking over… ‘Nuff said.
- Thursday, 11:00 pm – The early morning of Friday: Played Halo 2. I don’t think I want to elaborate on that.
- Friday, 9:00-12:30ish: Chemeketa. Placement Test, and I hung around with Sharon and Kala, sat in on their history class which was fun… Strange but fun. And all I can say about the placement test is that I agree with Elliot who called it”A user Interface Nightmare”. And how right he was. I did pretty well, though, so that was good. He was so right about the redundancy and everything, though… if you haven’t read his rant on it, do. And the scary part is that it is right on.
- Friday, 5:00-6:30 pm: Taught Karate… Kids are so crazy on Friday’s. It makes me laugh.
- Friday, 7ish-9ish pm: Quenched my craving for Ice-cream. Went to DQ with Sharon and Cody randomly… I love spontaneity. Sometimes I like to have a plan, and something to count on, but I really do love to just go for something without analyzing it too much. Not that this was really a huge, momentous thing, I just mean in general. Sometimes the under-analyzing backfires, but I love the feeling of doing something spur of the moment and just having fun doing it.
- Friday, For a very long time: Guess. If you said Halo 2… You’d be correct. I am
obsessed… Passionate about it lately.
- Saturday, Bright and Early- Not so Early, but still Bright: Karate… Taught 4 classes, in one, I had 15 kids, pretty small, but get this. Only 8 of them spoke English. Yeah. That was fun. I am sorry for my lack of Politically Correctness, but learn to speak English! You are in the US, and last time I checked, the national language was… English. At the rate we are going, it may not stay that way, but come on! At least make an attempt. If I were to move to, say, Mexico *ahem*, I would learn Spanish. I wouldn’t expect them to cater to me because I didn’t speak the language, I wouldn’t expect the DMV (or their equivalent) to have English on one side, I wouldn’t expect the ATM’s to offer English, and I wouldn’t expect Karate teachers to speak to my kids in English when I was in a country that’s language was not English. I would just learn the language. It would be one thing if you were just visiting, but… well, most aren’t. Argh. I’m going to have to turn this into a full-blown rant sometime, cuz I’m just going off on a totally separate direction then I planned right now… But I will go off on it when I have some time to write a novel. Or at least another post.
- Saturday, 8:00-11:00pm: Caught up with some friends after babysitting :-P (tongue out, if you couldn’t tell, and about the babysitting, not the friends…)
- Sunday, 12:00-2:00 am: Which was 3 hours, by the way, seeing how today is Fall Back and all… Well, I actually don’t think I want to admit to what I did then, though if you are seeing the evident theme that keeps showing up you will probably be able to guess…
- Sunday, 9:15 am-3:00 pm: Sunday School, Church, Battery Giveaway Thing, and Hang-out and Game Time. That was pretty fun. Actually really fun.
- Sunday, 6:00-7:00 pm: Carved a flippin’ sweet pumpkin (kinda a family tradition, which some people are horrified over, seeing as it infers to Halloween *Cringes, expecting head to be blown off with why we shouldn’t be doing that and how it is so bad and anti-Christian*) But seriously, my sisters always do the happy faces, with the cute triangle eyes, circle nose, and crooked smile with only two teeth, but I always do these epic (well, as epic as you can get with a pumpkin and a kitchen knife) scenes, with dueling forces. This one I have Yoda with a light saber battling what kinda resembles an Elite in Halo… *chuckles to self* Yeah, It’s classic.
- Sunday, 7:20- whenever I finish: This. Expand my writing skillz.
That is pretty much the weekend I had. Random thoughts, random actions, but overall, pretty darn fun. Lots to write about, so much that there is no time to write out all that there is to write about. And the stuff I did write about seems somewhat lacking without the stuff I didn’t write about, which makes the whole writing seem like it is missing something that the writing should have in it in order to make the writing even better. Now I think I should stop writing this writing or I will undoubtedly confuse myself beyond hope of recovery.